Texas weddings are known for their charm, hospitality, and natural beauty. When it comes to creating a magical atmosphere on the big day, floral design plays a pivotal role. From rustic barn weddings to elegant garden soirées, Texas boasts a rich tapestry of floral trends that reflect the region’s unique character and romance. In this article, we’ll delve into the latest trends in floral design for Texas weddings, helping couples infuse their celebrations with the timeless allure of the South.
1. Lush Greenery Abounds: In the South, lush greenery is more than just a trend; it’s a timeless staple. This goes the same for those getting wed in Texas. Vines, ferns, eucalyptus, and ivy continue to grace Texas weddings with their natural elegance. These verdant accents serve as the perfect backdrop to vibrant blooms, creating a sense of freshness and romance that defines the southern charm.
2. Embracing Local and Seasonal Blooms: A growing trend in Texas weddings is the use of locally sourced and seasonal flowers. This practice not only supports local growers but also ensures that your floral arrangements are at their freshest and most vibrant. Southern weddings have always had a connection to the land, and this trend embraces that tradition wholeheartedly.
In the spring, consider using foxglove which is at it’s peak from March to June in Texas. Peonies are mostly ready in May and June but do have a later fall season. You can pair some peonies with your choice of ranunculus.
For the fall, you can’t go wrong with zinnia which can be found late October/ early November in Texas. Also, consider amaranthus. It comes in a cool rust color as well as wine and green.
3. Boho Chic and Rustic Vibes: Texas brides are increasingly drawn to bohemian and rustic wedding styles. Loose, unstructured floral designs that incorporate wildflowers, dried elements, and a mix of textures are popular choices. These arrangements embody the relaxed, down-to-earth spirit of the South.
4. Statement Floral Installations: Making a dramatic entrance into the world of Texas weddings are statement floral installations. Hanging floral arrangements, whimsical flower walls, and captivating arches take center stage at ceremonies and receptions. These awe-inspiring creations add an unforgettable touch of enchantment to the festivities.
6. Monochromatic Blooms for Sophistication: For a touch of sophistication, Texas brides are experimenting with monochromatic floral arrangements. Mixing different shades and textures of a single color creates a cohesive and elegant look that radiates refinement and simplicity.
7. A Touch of the Tropics: Destination weddings and those with a tropical theme are bringing exotic flora to the forefront. Orchids, protea, and birds of paradise infuse a burst of color and a sense of adventure into southern wedding decor, evoking the spirit of paradise.
Make sure to capture that floral design on film. Need a videographer you can trust? Check out Richard Scott Films. Richard has a meticulously crafted style that is progressing the wedding film artform. Below is a film he made for a couple in Dallas. Amanda and Drew split their hours among multiple days and Richard was able to capture some awesome footage of them in an “everyday” setting.
Amanda & Drew